The Price of Progress
All formal magic training occurs at the famous school on Roke. The teachers there are
- Master Windkey, whose skill lies in weather control, a bookish man with a short attention span
- Master Hand, who deals with illusions, is very standoffish, yet elegant
- Master Herbal, versed in healing, the second woman allowed to teach, students think of her like a grandmother (though probably too young to be)
- Master Changer, recently deceased and not yet replaced, was master of the arts of transformation, a burly personable man
- Master Summoner, skilled in calling or summoning, a stern but fair man. many students remark that he has been most influential during their stay on roke
- Master Namer, who teaches the students the rudiments of True Speech, not much to note, a fairly likeable intelligent man
- Master Chanter, teacher of music and chanted spells
- Master Patterner, seeker of meaning and intent, very quiet, but very helpful and personable if you can get him to talk with you. The oldest faculty.
- Master Doorkeeper, the guardian of the gates of the school. The overly outgoing energetic one. He has too much time on his hands, so it spends it with the students instead of taking up a hobby.